- I love that I can find some of the most messed up things (memes, opinions, pictures) here - pretty much any time I need them.
- I probably should not be allowed on Facebook. A co-worker got hit by a pick-up truck today in the parking lot at work and I responded to her status by saying that I was disappointed that we would lose the monthly drawing for a gas card we get for having an accident-free workplace. (Though, I’ll argue the parking lot is NOT the workplace, so we should still have the drawing). I knew she was OK and has a great sense of humor, so I’m certain she’ll find it funny. (She liked the comment). Pretty much everyone else at work will think I’m an ass. Not that it bothers me. It will probably go over as well as the note I put on the vending machine after a co-worker had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery. Since I figured it was from all the honey buns he had consumed , I put a big sign on the machine window that read “R.I.P. F9 - YOU HAD A GOOD RUN” (F9 was the honey bun selection). More than a few people got worked up about that and some actually confronted me. The guy that had the heart attack thought it was hilarious and wanted a pic. I guess my humor isn’t for everyone.
- Fly Eagles Fly!
I’m thinking that I may start creating some random-ass asks to stick in your boxes. Feel free to send some my way if you’re sitting on some good ones.
1. OK, maybe they won’t all be rants. But at least one will be.
2. I’ve noticed a lot of school organizations, youth organizations, and sports teams using GoFundMe as a fundraiser. When the fuck did begging for money become a fundraiser? Listen, I know there are times when this is completely acceptable. Serious family emergency (especially medical) that requires more $$ than you can pull together? Sure. An emergency (or unfortunate situation) that may require the assistance of people other than your closest friends? OK, fine. I’ll probably even help. But youth groups using this as a method of making money instead of actually getting out and trying to earn it? Absolutely not. There are a couple of local high school teams that are using this as their main source of “fundraising”. Abso-fucking-lutely not. When I was their age, I got my ass out and sold shit - and it was shit, too. Magazines that no one read. Candy bars that no one wanted. 100-inning marathons that no one wanted to support (including the people playing). Car washes….oh, the car washes. I collected newspapers to be recycled. I did it all. It was unpleasant for me. It was unpleasant for my neighbors (though I’m sure they hid from me whenever they could). And it was certainly unpleasant for my parents who were asked to buy more shit than anyone. But at least we were out trying to work for our money. I’m sad that creating a web site and begging people to donate has replaced that. I guess, in a lot of ways, that says a lot about the examples we’re setting for the younger generation. At some point in time, some adult thought this would be a good idea.
3. That rant combined with the fact that I’m sitting at home on a Friday night makes me feel like an old man. I’ll certainly yell at someone to get off of my wet lawn tonight.
4. What a way to spend my last free Friday night for the next three months. (It might actually be 2015 before I have another free Friday night) Do I know how to party or what?
5. So many other things I could rant about. Topics include: Ray Rice & the NFL, the Democrats, the Republicans, Danny Ferry, Michael Moore, my fantasy baseball team, the fact that I won the Tumblr Fantasy Football League last year & then wasn’t invited back, toilet paper that’s too rough, warm beer, etc… But, I’ll spare you. Hope you’re having a great Friday night!
I decided that today would be “Download An Album You Loved Growing Up” Day.
So I downloaded 3rd Bass’ “The Cactus”.
Best decision of the day by far! I forgot how much I love that album! Totally gonna give someone the gas face tomorrow.
Other than that, life has been moving a mile a minute. Work, school obligations for the kids, football, and family visits. Kinda nutty.
Also, why the fuck is everyone outraged by Ray Rice now?!? We saw the video of him dragging her out of the elevator before. How the fuck did people think she got that way?!? Uh….duh! I was not surprised one bit when I saw the video. Just as disgusted now as I was then. The NFL is a joke. And so is my fantasy football team. But mostly the NFL.
GPOYW: Ready for Bed Edition.
I’m getting old. And it sucks. ha ha.
Went to the gym this morning to resume Boot Camp classes. I absolutely needed it. But it was sooooooooooo painful. And I got a little over-eager with the kettlebells. The guy told us to get kettlebells for lunges. And I probably went a little bigger than I should have after having taken the last two months off. Ugh. My legs started shaking when I walked down the stairs to my car - and they’ve pretty much been that way all day. Tomorrow will be sore. But I love that sore! That sore tells me that I actually did something.
I didn’t anticipate how much work shutting off Tumblr would limit my posts. Not cool. To be fair, it’s been a crazy-ass few weeks. I think that has more to do with it. I’m in it until the end, though. So I’m gonna start doing better!
Oh yeah, as if work and getting old wasn’t shitty enough, Raycom and DirecTV have pretty much screwed me. They’re both being greedy bastards, so now I don’t have my local NBC station. While I could really give a shit about local programming (which is terrible), there are a few (and only a few) things I miss about NBC: Football, Jimmy Fallon, and Saturday Night Live. So I’m missing football tomorrow night. Fuckers….. (We’re totally getting out of our contract once it’s up with DirecTV, but that won’t help us currently!)
Oh well. Have a good one!
- The Phillies combined for a no-hitter today? Awesome! Against the Braves? Even more awesome! Combos from The Varsity all around!
- As much as I love my Phillies, they still stink this year. But not today.
- Took the kids to the pool to close out the season. They had a good time, though my daughter didn’t really want to play with her friends there. Gotta love the predictability of pre-teen girls.
- Saw the boot camp instructor at the pool today. It was a great reminder that I need to get my ass to the gym this week! She said she’s been kinda lazy this summer, too. Hope that means she’s ready to kick my ass.
- I had lots of work to do this weekend. Professional work and housework. Pretty much got none of it done. No fucks given. But this week will suck.
- Be nice to each other! And don’t be a creeper and steal photos off of other people’s phones. It’s just not cool.