I had every intention of getting shit done around the house.
But there’s a fridge full of beer and football on all day. And normally that doesn’t speak to me. But it is today.
So we’ll see how this goes….
1. This is the first weekend in a LONG time that we don’t have plans. No trips. No gatherings with friends. Nothing. It’s kind of nice.
2. Except there’s tons of work to be done around the house and yard. Tons.
3. My daughter is loving being back in school. She’s been reading at quite a clip lately, too - which I love! I just wish that she’d actually challenge herself. She reads at a level about grade levels up. She doesn’t actually try to push herself, though. Not going to complain, though. I don’t want to squash her love for reading!
4. I’m loving that it’s football season again. I don’t actually watch a lot of football on TV. But I love having that option.
5. I’ve been put in charge of “social media” at work. Hmmmmmm…..
6. Guess this house isn’t gonna clean itself. Have a good one!
So…..I waited over 9 months for my team to play their first game of the new season. I had a countdown on my phone to the first game. (More for fun, but still). We secured the babysitter months ago.
And we sucked. We got our asses kicked all over the field. It was pretty terrible.
Oh well. I guess at least I got paid. Well….I’ll eventually get paid.
1. Took the little one to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie today. He’s been dying to see it. We were a bit hesitant because of the PG-13 rating, but after reading all the parental reviews we could find, we figured we’d take a chance on it (since he’s 5). Not a big deal. He absolutely LOVED it - which, of course, made us very happy.
2. After the movie he said two things to me in the restroom directly after leaving the theater (in this order): ”Dad, thank you so much for bringing us to this movie”. (and then, about 45 seconds later) ”Dad, can we see that movie again?”
3. I’m taking on some more responsibilities at work. I’m actually kind of looking forward to changing things up at work a bit. This is by far the longest I’ve been at one place. I remember leaving the other places I worked because the ideas of new challenges. Since I don’t think I’m going to leave this place before I retire, I’m hoping these new “challenges” will help inspire me.
4. Some of you get ridiculous questions in your in box. Like, completely ridiculous - and not in a clever or funny way.
5. Football kicks of this Thursday! I have to work a 6:00 game, though. Who starts a game at 6:00 on a week night?!? I’m supposed to work to 4. It will probably take me more than an hour to get to my parking spot from my house (because of traffic). I’m supposed to be there about an hour early to make sure everything is ready to go. I’m not sure calling in sick on Thursday is going to be looked upon favorably. (I imagine this is going to be a problem all over town!) Guess I’ll have to figure it out.
6. Heading to the gym at 5:00 tomorrow morning. I’ve gained a few pounds due to the summer. It’s only about 5 pounds, so I don’t think it’s a huge deal. BUT, I feel completely gross because I haven’t been working out. So it’s time to get back on the horse. But 5:00 is going to come pretty early, though.
7. Typing this out on a laptop reminds me how much I hate writing long posts on my phone. Laptops forever, yo.
It’s been a crazy, crazy week. Sorry I haven’t been around much. Trying to heart when I can. I knew them blocking this site at work would suck. And it does.
Anyway, here goes:
- Little one started Kindergarten this week. Not nearly as emotional as when our daughter started. He’s so ready to go to school that it wasn’t too sad to send him! He didn’t get the teacher we wanted for him, but he seems happy. And that’s good enough for us - for now.
- Both kids are at the same school this year. This is the only time this will happen. So I guess I’d better enjoy it - because after this year I’ll be playing taxi driver between the schools.
- I’ve really gotta get back to the gym. I just feel so much better when I get a good workout in in the morning. It’s been too long.
- Similar to just about everyone else in North America, I got tagged in an Ice Bucket Challenge. I took the opportunity to refuse to do it until I donated to ALS. Then I screen-captured the “Thank You For Donating” screen and posted it to my Facebook page to chastise all the people who have pumped this up and then never donated to the cause. Of course, then I let the kids dump ice water on me. They loved it.
- I can’t believe football season is kicking off this week. Football season means it’s almost basketball season. And then that means it’s almost baseball season again. All of this means my life is about to be crazy. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- My mother-in-law spent the past week with us. One one hand, she was a tremendous help with the kids before school started. On the other hand, my mother-in-law was with us for the past week. ha ha. She was great, though. So I’ll stop.
- Why can’t life be sleeping in and Tumblr for the rest of the day? Working is for chumps. And I’m chump.