It’s been a crazy, crazy week. Sorry I haven’t been around much. Trying to heart when I can. I knew them blocking this site at work would suck. And it does.
Anyway, here goes:
- Little one started Kindergarten this week. Not nearly as emotional as when our daughter started. He’s so ready to go to school that it wasn’t too sad to send him! He didn’t get the teacher we wanted for him, but he seems happy. And that’s good enough for us - for now.
- Both kids are at the same school this year. This is the only time this will happen. So I guess I’d better enjoy it - because after this year I’ll be playing taxi driver between the schools.
- I’ve really gotta get back to the gym. I just feel so much better when I get a good workout in in the morning. It’s been too long.
- Similar to just about everyone else in North America, I got tagged in an Ice Bucket Challenge. I took the opportunity to refuse to do it until I donated to ALS. Then I screen-captured the “Thank You For Donating” screen and posted it to my Facebook page to chastise all the people who have pumped this up and then never donated to the cause. Of course, then I let the kids dump ice water on me. They loved it.
- I can’t believe football season is kicking off this week. Football season means it’s almost basketball season. And then that means it’s almost baseball season again. All of this means my life is about to be crazy. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- My mother-in-law spent the past week with us. One one hand, she was a tremendous help with the kids before school started. On the other hand, my mother-in-law was with us for the past week. ha ha. She was great, though. So I’ll stop.
- Why can’t life be sleeping in and Tumblr for the rest of the day? Working is for chumps. And I’m chump.
Today is my dad’s birthday. It is the 4th birthday since we lost him. Growing up it was kind of fun to have a birthday two days after my dad’s birthday. And I will certainly never have a birthday where I don’t think of him. But it definitely kind of brings a bummer to my own birthday. As if turning 40 isn’t bad enough. Lol
Actually, I’ve also been thinking a lot about my friend who passed away from cancer in February. He and I shared the same birthday, though he was five years older than me. I’ve been thinking a lot about his family and how tough it will be on his birthday. In my eyes, those are definitely days to be shared with loved ones. I remember how tough the first birthday my dad wasn’t here for.
I’ve also been thinking a lot about my dad and Robin Williams. He was probably my dad’s favorite. We watched Mork & Mindy together. We watched some of his HBO specials together (some weren’t suitable for my young ears). My dad was extremely disappointed when he found out I hadn’t watched Mrs. Doubtfire. He fixed that immediately. My dad would’ve been very sad today.
One final (& random) truth: about one-third of my boxers are Christmas-themed, but I pretty much wear them anyway. I don’t know why. They just kind of got in the rotation and never made it out. My mother-in-law always buys me boxers for Christmas and about every two or three years she gets holiday ones. Oh well……’tis always the season.
- Blocking Tumblr just makes me want to use it more.
- I’m not really a racing fan, but I’m intrigued by this whole Tony Stewart thing. I saw the video of that guy getting hit. But I can’t tell Stewart’s path before he hit him. Did he mean to do it? And why was this guy running around the track trying to confront Stewart? Why not just kick his butt when he gets out of his car? If Stewart was a “good guy” would anyone be questioning whether or not he meant to hit Ward? I don’t really know anything about the sport, but I would like to believe that no one in his spot would purposely hit a fellow driver.
- work sucks
Tumblr is blocked at work. This is probably not the worst news ever, but it sure is aggravating!
So how’s your Monday going?
Vacation is over. And it’s fitting that we’re having to drive home in shitty weather.
At least it’s only 2.5 hours.